Droplets of truth
Infuse my soul
My open heart
As I unlock
The layers that
Connect me to
Mysteries of the
Can tell me
Who I am?
Tones of wisdom
Float on a
Of my eternal
When I began my self-help journey several years ago, I had no idea what lay ahead. All I knew was that my self needed help.
As I reached midlife, I felt that all my dreams were behind me. I’d been told that my best years were yet to come but all I felt was lost and completely separate from the desire I once had to create something meaningful.
What I didn’t realize at the time, was that I had many limiting beliefs that were preventing me from moving forward. These belief systems had defined me most of my life and in retrospect I had absolutely no idea that they were the reason for the feelings of lack that I was experiencing.
As I dipped my toe into the well of self-help, I was committed to finding something or someone to “fix” me. How hard could it be? Everything I read or listened to spoke about energy and how shifting your vibration is the key to healing yourself and creating the life you seek.
If only I could find the right technique or teacher to clear enough goop from my energy field, I would be freed from all feelings of unworthiness and the beliefs that I was too old, too fat and not good enough to deserve the life I wanted.
Does my journey sound familiar?
As I continued down the path of personal development I became more convinced that nothing would work for me. It seemed that everyone around me was having a-ha moments and getting “it” but I was perpetually on the outside looking in. “What is wrong with me?”, I asked myself time and time again.
Being willing to acknowledge that your journey is unique is essential to receiving the lessons that your life holds. As long as you look at those around you as a measure of your own success, you’ll never connect to the magnificent being you are.
What kept me going? Having a strong desire to live purposefully kept me moving forward and has been the key to shedding the layers that were keeping me stuck.
It’s natural to look to others for answers, especially when your perception is that they have what you want. But all this does is keep you in the loop of searching outside of yourself.
Here are six truths that helped me move beyond my limited beliefs and embrace the self-help I was looking for.
1. Nothing you want is outside of you. It all begins within. As you do your inner work, your outer world dynamically begins to reflect it.
2. Only you have the power to create the change you desire. Others can teach you and help you open the doors of awareness but you are responsible for making the change you’re asking for.
3. Self-love is the only way to create lasting change. Love is the highest frequency and therefore in alignment with your highest and best good.
4. There is no one else like you. Each one of you has your own unique gifts, talents and abilities. You’re worthy of expressing your individuality and in that, there is no competition. When you embrace this truth, your purpose unfolds.
5. Thought is the seed of creation but it isn’t until you water the seeds with right action that the physical manifestation of your desire shows up.
6. Enjoy the journey. There are pieces in the unfolding of that which you seek that are more powerful than what you perceive to be the destination. In other words, there are lessons along the way that are required to move forward. Be patient and trust the process.
As you navigate the twists and turns of your self-help journey, always remember how magnificent you are. Let these six truths remind you that the path you have chosen is an unfolding of the life you desire.
What is your experience with self-help? Which of these six truths resonate with you? Please let me know by sharing in the comments below or head over to my Facebook page.
With love and gratitude,